|HOW TO HELP
Music Mission Kiev Helping Hands 2016
APRIL 22 – MAY 2, 2016
We are pleased that a Helping Hands trip is scheduled to depart USA April 21, 2016 and arrive in Kyiv April 22, departing Kyiv May 2, 2016.
This is a wonderful opportunity for participants to assist and experience the dynamic ministries of Music Mission Kiev.
Participant activities will likely include:
* Visits to several widow apartments to help them with household tasks and bring fellowship
* Opportunity to visit and help on two Saturday mornings with our widow programs where we serve hundreds of elderly
* Sharing Easter bread with our widows will be a highlight
* Participating in two of our St. Paul’s Church Sunday afternoon worship services and Sunday morning children and youth activities
* Visits to rehearsals of KSOC and possibly a KSOC concert
* The opportunity to help with outreach to victims of war that we serve
* Cultural visits and historical sites – Kyiv is rich in history!
* The visit coincides with Orthodox Easter Sunday, which is May 1, 2016
The details of travel, costs and other essentials are organized by Ronnie in our Orlando office. Please contact our Orlando office for more information and if you are interested in registering. Orlando office phone # 1-800-467-5051
Helping Hands visitors need to understand that while Kyiv is currently safe, there is an ongoing conflict in the east of Ukraine. All US travel advisories will be followed carefully. Details of the Kyiv schedule will be in the hands of our very capable Kyiv staff who understand the languages, culture, traffic and issues of security and safety. All participants in a Helping Hands trip need to feel comfortable walking significant distances on sidewalks that are not always smooth, and climbing several flights of stairs on a regular basis.
More photos are in Helping Hands 2013 Gallery